Information for Overseas Applicants

General Admission Requirements

Degree Programmes (Normally to be completed in 4 years)

Higher Diploma Programmes (Normally to be completed in 2 years)
– Applicants with non-local senior secondary qualifications or equivalent

– Non-local qualifications refer to academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong and Mainland China, including General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications

– Applicants holding post-secondary or equivalent qualifications, such as Higher Diploma, in a relevant area of study may apply for Year-3 entry to Degree programmes.

– Applications with non-local qualifications, including language qualifications, will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.

– Mainland Chinese applicants please see here.

Important date

2023 Admissions Exercise – September Intake (For International Students)

Application PeriodJanuary to 7 July
Interview/ Test (if applicable)Normally within 3 weeks of application submission
Conditional/ Firm Offer
Normally within 2 weeks of the interview, and before the end of July by email
Fee Settlement and VisaDeadline/ instructions as stated in the offer email
Registration and OrientationBetween late August and early September (tentative)
Class Commencement4 September (tentative)

Special Fee

A special fee to the Higher Diploma programmes will be charged. Interested applicants may contact the Registry for more information.

Who Needs a Student Visa / Entry Permit?

Under the Immigration Ordinance, unless a person has the right of abode or right to land in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), he/she requires a valid visa/entry permit issued by the Immigration Department (IMMD) to study in Hong Kong.

Except for those who have a visa/entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates or a dependent visa/entry permit that was issued they were 18 years old or above, non-local students who plan to enter Hong Kong for study are required to submit an application form for student visa/entry permit with all necessary documents from IMMD via the following team of Registry.